Hydro-jetting is a wonderful method for cleaning stubborn drain clogs and obstructions. But that doesn’t mean that it is without its own set of faults. And, just so that our customers know what the benefits and fallbacks of hydro-jetting are, we here at Public Service Plumbers decided to put together this list of all the pros and cons of high pressure water jetting service.
What is Hydro-Jetting?
Hydro-jetting (AKA high pressure water jetting) is a drain cleaning technology that uses pressurized water to clear drain clogs and obstructions. In fact, you could easily compare hydro-jetting to pressure washing. The only difference between the two tools is that hydro-jetting machines use water that is under much, much more pressure than a common pressure washer that you can rent at the local hardware store.
The Pros of Hydro-Jetting
Hydro-jetting comes with several benefits. Some of the pros of hydro-jetting include:
- Hydro-jetting clears stubborn clogs with just water
- It can also cut through tree roots that have invaded your sewer line
- Hydro-jetting can be done to both commercial and residential drain lines
- Hydro-jetting is environmentally safe and green
- High pressure water jetting services will clear the entire drain line rather than just a small section of it (rooter services will only clear an opening as large as the diameter of the rooter augur)
The Cons of Hydro-Jetting
However, just because hydro-jetting is a beneficial service, that doesn’t mean that it is completely without fault. Some of the cons of high pressure water jetting include:
- Hydro-jetting can be too much for older and weaker pipelines to handle
- It can’t help clear drain lines that have been obstructed by serious damage like a bellied line
- Hydro-jetting can be less effective at removing extra serious drain obstructions than rooter or auger drain cleaning services
Contact Public Service Plumbers for Hydro-Jetting Service Today!
Well, there you have it; the pros and cons of high pressure water jetting (hydro-jetting) services. If you would like to learn more about hydro-jetting, or if you’d just like to schedule a drain line inspection to see if you could benefit from the service, then please do not hesitate to contact the plumbing professionals here at Public Service Plumbers We’re always standing by to help you with any and all your drainage problems!