Everyone would like to save water but sometimes it can seem like an impossible task with the demands of modern society. We at Public Service Plumbers know that saving water can be hard but we are here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be. Our team of trusted plumbers has decided to share some simple tips and tricks on how to save hundreds of gallons of water a year with updated plumbing fixtures. Plumbing fixtures have come a long way and are much more efficient than those that came before them. Having some of these installed in your home will help save water and save you money in the long run.
- Dual Flush Toilet: These are a great plumbing fixture to save water and money because they allow you to only use the water you need. Dual flush toilets are easy to use and the two different flushes will ensure that you never use more water than is actually needed. Best of all dual flush toilets have been known to help save the average family money on their water bill without sacrificing performance.
- Shower Heads: We recommend installing a water saving flow control on your existing showerhead. This will help slow the water to a trickle while you are shaving or shampooing. Bringing the water to a trickle when you don’t need it at full blast will help conserve even more water since a running shower head can waste the most water in your home per minute.
- Bathroom & Kitchen Faucets: Our trusted team of experts also recommend repairing that troublesome old leaky facet that may be causing problems in your home. If you have a leaky old facet that is constantly needing repair, we advice replacing it with a new water efficient faucet, or put a new low-flow aerator on your existing faucet to help conserve water.
- Repair Leaky Pipes: Be sure to fix any leaky pipes that you may have in your home. A leaky faucet or pipe that leaks at one drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons of water per year. So be sure to attend any leaks in your home today.
- Tankless Water Heaters: Having a tankless water heater installed closer to facets that you know constantly require hot water will reduce the warm-up time of leaving the water running. If you know that your bathroom faucets take a while to get warmed up because they are far away water heater having a tankless water heater installed near the bathroom will help shorten the warm-up time.
Having fixtures such as these installed in your home today will help you save money and water in the future. If you are not one for the do it yourself project, it’s okay. Our team of experts at Public Service Plumbers are here to help. We have the knowledge and experience to get any job you need to be done. Call for dependable service in your home or business today.